Arts in CT
Auditions for Annie Jr
Annie Auditions will take place on Jan 12-13 from 4pm-7pm and Jan 15-16 from 4pm-7pm.
The auditions are for ages 6-17. All students should prepare a song in the style of the show and prepare to dance. Rehearsals for Annie will be on Saturdays from 10am-2 pm starting Jan 20-March 24, show will be on March 31.
This is an actors workshop for ages 6-17, children do not have to be professionals to be in the show. The workshop price is $275.
- Auditions will be held at Arts in CT, 64 Ridge St, Milford, CT 06460.
- Students should prepare a 16-bar audition song (preferably from a Broadway musical) and a 1-minute monologue. Please bring any accompanying music. Dress for movement, as there will be a group dance audition.
- Students should bring a photo that we can keep with your audition form. Resumes are helpful but not required.
- ALL students must available to attend the callback audition, which will begin promptly at 10am-1pm, and not all students who are called back will get lead roles. The purpose of callbacks will be to sort out lead roles. Rehearsals will start immediately after the callback.
- Arts in CT is providing half-tuition scholarships to students auditioning for the production of “Annie, Jr.”
- Scholarships will be based on the scholarship application (which includes an application), a letter of recommendation, and talent. More info will be available at auditions.
- Scholarship applications are due by Jan 15 and winners will be announced with the posting of the cast list.
- Scholarship winners will be expected to help backstage during production with organizing props and costumes under the direction of the stage manager(s).
Auditions Materials are here: https://www.mtishows.com/broadway-junior/audition-central-Please read the sides of the characters whom you would like (this would be very beneficial for auditions).