- Mommy and Me MusicDo you love Disney classics? Join in the fun parents and children ages 0-4 in a fun songs for kids. Classes meet at Arts in CT, 64 Ridge St, Milford, CT 06460. Intro class just $15 after first class must sign up for group of 4 for $60.00. Register now to be put in the next class slot. with Various Artists 10:00 am to 11:00 am
- Lunch Time YogaClasses start at noon for a light relaxation stretch to get your through the afternoon. with Various Artists 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
- ASP-Photography with TBA 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- ASP-Children's Chorus with Barbara Alexander 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Children's Theater with Various Artists 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- Children's Theater with Margie Stokley 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Mommy and Me Art
Is a hands on experience class for the child to explore and learn with the parent on how to make their first inventions. Let's build your creativity with making keepsakes with your child that you can have for a lifetime.When: Where: Arts in CT (in-house) 64 Ridge ST Milford, CT 06460 Time: 10am Amount : 4 session minimum $60 with Various Artists 10:00 am to 11:00 am
- Art ClassArts in the afternoon is a social therapy sketching some of your best work. with Various Artists 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
- ASP Teen Hip Hop Dance with Juana Silva 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- ASP Jazz Class Simple, choreographed dance motions with movement across the floor. Students will learn more complicated combinations, fluidity of movement, and the lyrical style. with Various Artists 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Teen Theater with Daniel Schmidt 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Beginning Guitar ClassAll students must purchase their instruments. Beginning guitar learning basic position, basic chord and learning their way around the instruments. with Various Artists 6:00 pm to 6:45 pm
- Beginning Ukulele ClassHolidays are coming and it is time to strike up a chord with the basic ukulele class. Learning how to play basic chords to some of your favorite songs. with Various Artists 7:00 pm to 7:45 pm
- Mommy and Me Creative DanceCome and learn some creative dance moves you can do with your child. Fun for the whole family. Classes meet at Arts in CT, 64 Ridge St, Milford, CT 06460. Intro class just $15 after first class must sign up for group of 4 for $60.00. Register now to be put in the next class slot. with Various Artists 10:00 am to 11:00 am
- Chair Tap DanceHave you ever wanted to tap but thought it was a bit hard on the knees? No worries we have an instructor that will keep you swinging for the whole hour. with Various Artists 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
- ASP Arts/Crafts with Kevin Bright 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- ASP Arts/Crafts with Various Artists 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Children's Theater with Margie Stokley 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Mommy and Me StorytimeStories that will warm the heart based on children's classics and story book. If you are lucky, it may even be one of our authors. Classes meet at Arts in CT, 64 Ridge St, Milford, CT 06460. Intro class just $15 after first class must sign up for group of 4 for $60.00. Register now to be put in the next class slot. with Various Artists 10:00 am to 11:00 am Class is held at Arts in CT, 64 Ridge St, Milford, CT 06460
- Photography ClassCameras ain't what they use to be. Come and learn from and expert how to find that good angle and tell a story through your memories. with Various Artists 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
- ASP Improv TheaterImprovisation theatre, students will create a plot, characters and dialogue of a game, scene or story are made up in the moment. with Various Artists 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- A Capella ChorusA Cappella music is specifically group or solo singing without instrumental accompaniment, or a piece intended to be performed in this way. with TBA 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Teen Theater with Daniel Schmidt 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Advance Guitar ClassesAt this level we start to see faster Alternate Picking, more complex rhythmic figures such as galloping and triplets, along with some more complex chord. In addition, we will see use of 3 note-per-string scales, higher tempos in general and more advanced. with Jeff HerzogJD (Jeff) Herzog from Hamden Ct, started playing clarinet in grammar school in 5th grade and switched to saxophone in 8th grade. He studied clarinet and saxophone with the late Joe Sebastian of Hamden until he was 18 years old. While traveling through New Delhi India in the Sept 1971 he had the opportunity to play second clarinet with the New Dehli Symphony Orchestra, and play with the Hotel Vikram Jazz Band. Traveling to Europe, he visited The Musik Collective Inningan in Augsburg Germany. He played saxophone with them. The highlight was playing on the Spielstrasse at the 72 Munich Olympics.Coming back to the states in 1973 he moved out to California. Played in the band Klicken in Santa Rosa Cal., and studied sax with Fred Mathis. Moving back to Connecticut in 1980, he again studied with Joe Sebastian and played in the band "Blue Eyed Soul." A 9 piece band playing all the Motown hits. In 1986 he resumed studying jazz theory with the late pianist Drew Salperto. He then became involved with "The Elm City Blues Project" led by the late Ken Mellilo. He also played with Bill Bakers 5 Satins, Rocky Lawrence, Bobby Torello, The Cobalt Rhythm Kings and recorded with the WPLR Breakfast Band, and DW Armstrong and the Rent Party.These days JD performs with "The Benders" a 5 piece Rock and Roll Band, playing sax , guitar, slide guitar, "The Blues Patrol Show Band," a Blues Brother tribute band , "On the Serious Side," a Tower of Power Tribute band and is on call as a sub for other bands. He also enjoys teaching saxophone to young and older people interested in learning the instrument 6:00 pm to 6:45 pm
- Paint Nights (Reservations Only) with Various Artists 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm Class in various locations.
- Girls Night Out(Activities change weekly) Our October event for Girls Night Out will be on October 25, 2018, Fireside Grill, 385 Boston Post Road, Orange, CT 06477 from 6pm-8pm. Cost: $35 pp includes appetizers (drinks not included) Reserve your spot here. with Various Artists 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm (Activities change weekly)
- Mommy and Me Fitness Buddies
Interactive exercise play with baby and plus 1. Giving the baby the upper hand on toning, strengthening and training their parent. Join us for this interactive play class today and be ready to burn.Cost: Minimum 4 sessions $60 When: Fridays Where: Arts in CT Milford Times: varies with Various Artists 10:00 am to 11:00 am
- Singing ClassOk now lets tune up those pipes! Come and sing your favorite songs new and old on Friday in the afternoon. Helping you with great techniques. with Various Artists 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
- ASP Fashion Design with Silja 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- ASP Fashion Design with Various Artists 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Adult Fashion with Silja 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- Adult Theater with TBA 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Adult Hip HopBeginner, Intermediate and Advance are all welcome mixed with fusion hip hop. with Various Artists 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Paint Nights (Reservations Only) with TBA 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm (Reservation Only)
- Mommy and Me MusicDo you love Disney classics? Join in the fun parents and children ages 0-4 in a fun songs for kids. Classes meet at Arts in CT, 64 Ridge St, Milford, CT 06460. Intro class just $15 after first class must sign up for group of 4 for $60.00. Register now to be put in the next class slot. with Jacquelin Mac Lean 9:00 am to 9:45 am
- Mommy and Me Art
Is a hands on experience class for the child to explore and learn with the parent on how to make their first inventions. Let's build your creativity with making keepsakes with your child that you can have for a lifetime.When: Where: Arts in CT (in-house) 64 Ridge ST Milford, CT 06460 Time: 10am Amount : 4 session minimum $60 with TBA 10:00 am to 10:45 am
- Children's Theater with Daniel Schmidt 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Hip Hop Dance (C) with Juana Silva 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
- Hip Hop Dance (C) with Various Artists 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
|A – Adults
AA – All Ages
ASP – After School Programs
C – Children
HS – Home School
IND – Individual
|MM – Mommy and Me
S – Senior Citizens
T – Teens
TBA – To Be Announced
TT – Tiny Tots, Ages 2 – 6
Children’s Chorus: $80 a month
Beginner Band or Beginner Orchestra: $100 a month
Private Voice Lessons: $35 half and $70 per hour (with Barbara $40 I half and $80 an hour)
Beginner: $17 each or $60/month
Intermediate: $18 each or $70/month
Advance: $22 or $80/month
3 Classes- $105
Tiny Tots and Improv Hourly theater classes: $80/month (4 classes)
Children and Teen Theater Work Shop Series: $250 (6 weeks), $325 (8 weeks)
Mommy and Me
$70/month, materials included
Back to School Specials
Buy One Get One Free
(Workshop classes not included)
Book a private lesson! $35/half hour or $70/hour
Mommy and Me Classes
Come and have a fun-time with your child by signing up for one of the Mommy and Me classes that ARTS IN CT has to offer! We have programs designed to hone the gross motor skills in young artists through the arts, which in turn helps them master the fine motor skills and other social skills. Through music, art, theater, and dance, you will find yourself bonding with your child and enjoying experiences that will last a lifetime!
Classes for Seniors
We offer several programs for the young-at-heart to keep their minds active, bodies in movement, and bring their artistic interests to life! Our instructors are happy to come to you with customized classes based on your interests and abilities!
Our theater teachers lead students of all ages with a variety of theater techniques, giving them opportunity to perform in front of their peers while teaching stage presence for both straight plays and musical theater. Classes range in level based on age and experience. Basic classes include a general introduction to theatre, with theater games as well as class exercises in acting.
In Theater Workshops, the class or director usually selects a theatrical work to focus on. They apply higher-level thinking to analyze characters and the choices they make, figure out which character they find themselves connecting with and work with their other classmates to present a showcase of their own interpretation of the show they selected.
Students are taught a stimulating, thorough, and graduated course of recital solos, theory, technical studies, and classic piano repertoire. Class size may vary, with group activities as well as one-on-one instruction. A group atmosphere is often more beneficial and enjoyable for beginner-level students because they are motivated by their peers, but are also allowed to progress at their own rate.
Hip hop students will have fun while they exercise, express themselves; learn how to keep a steady beat through the urban sounds of Hip Hop.
Contemporary dance is a style of expressive dance that combines elements of several dance genres including modern, jazz, lyrical and classical ballet. Contemporary dancers strive to connect the mind and the body through fluid dance movements.
In basic jazz, students will learn the essential steps of jazz along with creative expression. Students will learn very simple choreographed dance motions along with movement across the floor.
Drawing students will have the opportunity to create their own self-portrait or even to draw their favorite music artist or sport player. Grid drawing involves drawing on a grid over a reference photo. Focusing on a square at a time until the entire image is transferred. Students will learn to replicate a beautiful work of art through this method and will take it home to hang up on the wall by the end of the class!
Abstract art encompasses a wide range of art, including paintings, sculpture, mixed media, photography and video. An abstract painting may be inspired by an object, an idea, emotions or even music. Students will find their inspiration and find a way to turn it into a stunning abstract painting!