Children ages 6 to 12 and youth ages from 13 to 18 will have a chance to participate in AIC Community Chorus!
We are accepting new members at each rehearsal location until April .
No prior experience is necessary to join. The audition process is quick and simple, open to students. Singers do not need to prepare anything for the audition. We are looking for students who can match pitch and have an enthusiasm for singing.
Additionally, we seek students who aspire to excellence and are willing and able to commit to weekly rehearsals for current season.
Ages 3-5 Coming Soon (Sign up below)
Ages 6-12 on Saturday morning from 9 am to 10:30 am
Ages 13-18 on Saturday from 10:45 am to 12:00 pm
Classes start at March 16, 2019
Our repertoire for the children’s choirs, ranging from Baroque, to contemporary music, to folk melodies from around the world. This range means you may select performances consisting of:
- World music
- Gospel and spirituals
- Musical theater and pop
- Treble (high-voice) or mixed (men’s and women’s voices) chorus
- Accompanied or a cappella performances
- Special holiday programming
Ready to sing?
Fill out the form below.Audition Process
Be prepared to sing a song of your choice. Follow along with the piano and instructor. Students will be grouped in sets to sing together.
Online Video Submissions
Video auditions will only be accepted with a YouTube link submitted through this online audition form. We will not be accepting any submissions through email, text messaging, and/or Dropbox. Due to a large volume of submissions and limited resources, Sing Your Heart Out Children’s Choir (SYHO) cannot offer any assistance on creating or uploading of videos to YouTube. General instructions for uploading a YouTube video can be found here.
Video submissions should conform to the following guidelines: (Please be advised that videos that do not meet the standards below will not be considered.)
- Please make sure your video is marked as “unlisted”. If the video is “private” then access will be restricted, and the video cannot be viewed. “Unlisted” videos will allow the link to be shared (and viewed) by only those with the link.
- All videos need to be approximately 25-30 seconds long. Please select the best part of the audition piece, as only the first 30 seconds of the video will be viewed.
- The song may be from any of the following genres: Broadway (including Disney), pop, classical, jazz, country, gospel, R&B, and/or folk.
- Please make sure the song has a distinct melodic line.
- Choose an appropriate song for the child’s age and style.
- The video title must contain the child’s name, age, and title of the song.
- All songs must be performed a Capella, without live or recorded accompaniment.
- While the video quality may vary, the image must be clear enough to show the expression of the child’s face and stage presence.
- Videos are judged according to the child’s musicality (pitch, rhythm, diction, vocal strength and quality, interpretation) as well as stage presence.
- Do not submit more than one video. Duplicate submissions will be disqualified.
- Once a video has been submitted, you cannot replace your submission at a later time.